Monday, February 23, 2009

Facebook and Myspace

I already have both Facebook and Myspace accounts, although I prefer Facebook. They are both similar because they allow people from all over the world to connect with one another, using the site as medium. I have found that Facebook is a little more popular with older people, while Myspace is more popular with teenagers.

I think this sort of communication appeals to so many people because it's such an easy way to stay connected with people you know. It also gives a unique opportunity to connect with new people.

I noticed that the MMSCL facebook page is more active and has more members than the Myspace page. This might be a sign that Myspace is losing some popularity, or it might just mean that there are not a lot of people who are aware that we have a Myspace page. Either way, I think the librarys facebook page will hopefully continue to grow in terms of its members and popularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment